Laminated glass, also known as laminated glass, belongs to safety glass. It is made of two or more pieces of glass sandwiched with a flexible interlayer and processed under high temperature and pressure. Laminated glass has the following characteristics:
(1) Safety: due to the good toughness, strong cohesiveness and penetration resistance of the intermediate layer, the broken glass will still be tightly bonded together without splashing, and the objects are difficult to penetrate, so it has a safety protection effect on human beings and property. When used for high-rise building curtain wall glass, it will not fall down to cause external injury even if it breaks, and it can also protect indoor people or objects from falling through the glass. Therefore, it is a full sense of safety glass.
(2) UV resistance: The interlayer of laminated glass has strong UV absorption capacity, which can filter the UV of laminated glass, and the filtering effect can be up to 99%.
(3) Thermal insulation performance, a new product developed in recent years, in which nano ceramic materials with solar infrared band heat absorption are added. The laminated glass can be used as a transparent sunshade, and the thermal insulation effect is very obvious.
1. The chemical name of PVB is polyvinyl butyral. It is characterized by good adhesion to glass, but poor adhesion to metal and water resistance. The adhesion decreases rapidly above 70 ℃. It is easy to unglue when the edges are exposed outside the room. PVB has been used for the longest time and the current usage is the highest
2. The chemical name of EVA is ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer, which is characterized by good adhesion with glass and metal, good water resistance, but slightly poor tear strength, better temperature resistance than PVB but less than SGP, so it is mostly used in the field of solar photovoltaic panels. It can be used when there is metal mesh plate in the interlayer or exposed outside the room. It is not recommended to use the glass of high-rise curtain wall.
3. Ionic membrane (commonly known as SGP) can be regarded as modified organic glass, and its chemical name is ethylene methacrylic acid copolymer. It is characterized by good adhesion with glass and metal, good water resistance, high service temperature (<82 ℃), high residual strength after glass breakage, and higher safety. Release membrane laminated glass still has certain residual strength and water resistance after breakage.
The reason has to be mentioned from DuPont, a Fortune 500 company in the United States. Ionic membrane is a high-strength intermediate membrane developed by DuPont in the 1960s to withstand the repeated impact of hurricanes in the southern coastal areas of the United States on curtain wall glass. The earliest ionic membrane is SentryGlasPlus. Later, it was introduced to China and its initials were SGP for the convenience of introduction.